But many of the brands I tried were offering little value for outrageous prices. The password managers I ultimately selected for this list offer a wide range of features and are reasonably priced. And all of them provide free trials, so you can personally make sure they will work for you before you commit.
There are certain areas that we look into and decide how to rate and score. To better understand the process we take when reviewing, ranking and scoring services, offers and service providers on this site, please read through the information below. One of the more impressive elements of Keeper is that they have lots of customer support options available. For instance, you can contact Keeper via Live Chat or by email.
What Makes A Good Password Manager
The app is capable of generating unique and untraceable passwords with its advanced password generator. The app provides fast auto-fill-in logins for both web browsers and supported apps. This app also lets you store credit card info, bank account details, legal form information, personal information, and those used in AutoFill functions whenever needed. You will get notifications on security weaknesses, weak passwords, duplicate passwords, and so on.
- Dashlane, like 1Password and NordPass, is user-friendly and offers strong 256-bit encryption.
- Of course they’re not always easy to use, but for power users it’s the best option.
- It’s not humanly possible to remember all of your passwords, especially if you are using random strings of numbers, special characters, and alphabets to create them .
- LastPass has many of the same features as Keeper, including 2-factor authentication, a password generator, secure sharing, and top-notch encryption.
- Don’t Photos Alive keep login credentials (email/username and password) in the same place.
- You can have all the above features for a one-time in-app payment of $9.99.
is a storage solution that holds all of your passwords in an encrypted cloud storage utility. Also, many people have a hard time remembering their passwords, and because of this, they choose easy-to-remember, weak passwords that make hackers’ work easier. The problem with passwords is that in the internet age, a password needs to be long, complex, and different for every online service. The problem with complex passwords is that they need to contain a random mix of numbers and letters.
Password Managers Are Safer Than The Alternative
By default, the app uses a limited gray, white and yellow palette, but you can choose from multiple animated color themes in your settings. Keeper provides apps for Windows, MacOS, Android, iOS, Kindle, Windows Phone, and Linux, as well as browser extensions for Chrome, Edge, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Opera, and Safari. The Guardian also maintains a version of the Microsoft Store. Also, the interface with the ability to create different vaults worked for me. If you don’t use a password manager yet and you don’t want to spend money on it, then go for the LastPass free version.